Everyone today has a mobile phone and with smart phones you get so many features that almost fulfils the requirements of a laptop or a computer. Carrying a phone everywhere is a necessity nowadays. It contains all the files and data that you may require. Another such device is an iPad. It has access to all your photos and documents. You can directly print anything from your printer by connecting the two devices. Here, we will see how to connect iPad to Canon printer wirelessly. Before you begin the process, you must check if the Canon printer model you are using supports wireless technology or not. Canon Pixma MG2922 is a wireless technology that support all kinds of devices and you can connect them through the wireless methods. For printing any document or image, you have to make sure that the printer and the device through which you are connecting the printer are also connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Let’s have a look at the steps on connecting the printer to iOS devices.
Steps to connect a printer to iPad:
- Download and install the Canon printer application on your device from the app store.
- The printer must be connected to a power source properly.
- Go to the application and click on the add printer icon on the screen.
- Then, click on register printer. Then, press on printer setup.
- A screen prompt will appear and you can connect the device to the printer.
- Select your access point and the name of your network.
- Enter the login credentials of the Wi-Fi and click on ok.
- Then, select the name of your printer and verify to establish a connection.
These are the steps you can follow to simply connect your printer to any iOS device. Now, let’s have a look at Canon wireless printer setup for Android devices.
Steps to connect Canon printer to Android devices:
- Go to the play store on your Android device and download the Canon print application.
- The printer must be turned on properly. Check the light on the printer.
- Visit the app you just installed in your device and click on Add printer icon.
- Then click on register printer and select the printer setup.
- Chose the name of your Wi-Fi and enter the login credentials.
- Click ok to confirm and see if the printer has been identified.
You can also connect devices through the WPS method. On the modem, press the WPS button for a few seconds. Your printer will automatically find the network and get connected to it. If the network is password protected. Press the WPS button till the light is stable and enter your password. Your setup is now complete. Print a test page to check. If somehow the test page does not print or there is some issue in printing. There is nothing you need to worry about. You can resolve most of the issue through common troubleshooting ways.