Printers are important equipment in any setup. There are multiple printer brands available in the market but Canon printer has always been the one most trusted and popular choices. Canon printers are known for high speed and quality printing documents. There are many different types of printers available in Canon range. If you are someone who uses printers on a daily basis, you should know how to change ink cartridge Canon Pixma MG2522. Some of the examples of types of Canon printers are all in ones, ink jets and laser jets. They primarily produce top quality photographic prints. The ink used in every printer even of the same brand can vary. Basically, there is more than one way of changing the ink cartridge of a printer.
Before installing the new cartridges in your printer, you must confirm that the ink colors you have are correct and compatible with your printer. Now let’s have a look at the step by step process of changing ink a printer.
Steps of replacing ink cartridges:
- First, you need to check the ink levels in your printer. There must be an ink icon on your printer control panel.
- Tap on the icon to know the status of ink levels.
- If the ink levels are low immediately change the ink cartridges.
- Now, switch on your printer and lift the top cover.
- The cartridge will automatically move to the centre.
- Gently push the tab on the front cartridge and lift it up to remove the old ink cartridge.
- The cartridge will pop out and you can carefully remove it.
- Take out the new cartridge from its packet. Make sure you do not touch the ink with your bare hands.
- Slide the new cartridge in the empty slot.
- The colors on the marker of the print head should match the ink cartridge.
- You will hear them click when all the ink cartridges would be in place.
- Close the printer lid carefully.
The basic procedure of replacing the ink cartridges remains the same in any printer. Follow the steps mentioned above for how to change ink cartridge Canon Pixma MG2920. Once you have installed the cartridges in the printer, a confirmation message will appear on your desktop. Click on confirm to allow the printer to initialize the new cartridges. The process of changing the ink cartridges is now complete.
You should always make a test print to confirm if the ink cartridges has been installed successfully. Let’s see the steps for the same.
Steps to make a print:
- Load the unused white paper into the input tray.
- Press and hold the cancel and start copy colors buttons at the same time.
- Now, release both the buttons at the same time.
- The self test page would be printed automatically.
Follow these steps and check if the quality of the print is good. If there is any error while printing you can resolve it through the troubleshooting ways.