If you are trying a document or image and you see the message, printer in an error state appearing on your screen. The printing process will not be able to initiate. Let’s understand, what does printer in an error state implies. It can mean that there is a problem with your printer itself. The printer might be faulty. Another most probable reason can be the connection between your printer and your computer. It may be lost or not stable and hence it shows the error. You must be wondering, why is my HP printer in an error state. The ‘printer in error’ can also arise due to faulty or incompatible printer driver. In some cases it can simply mean that the printer is turned off. So, make sure you check that before moving on to doing any fixes and looking for a solution. If you are unable to figure out or locate the source of the problem you can follow out the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to get it working again.
Steps to fix printer in error issue:
- Check for any new updates on your software.
- You can check if the printer is working on any other device and if it is working there.
- Keep the printer on and cut its power cable.
- If there are any other cables attached to the printer remove them too.
- Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
- Make sure that your printer is directly connected to the main source and not through any other cables or device.
- When you reconnect the printer, it should turn on automatically. If not so, switch it back on manually.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan doctor software, if you are facing an issue with printer drives.
- Make sure that the connection between the printer and computer is stable.
These ways should help you fix the problem but if you still face the same issue. Here’s how to fix HP printer in error state Windows 11. For this method you need to uninstall the printer and then reinstall it. It will help you establish the connection and configure the printer again.
- Search and programs and features in your windows 10 and select your HP printer. Click on uninstall.
- Go to options and chose your HP printer. Click on “delete” or “remove device’ option.
- Press the combination of windows key and R to run the command.
- Type printui.exe and then click OK.
- Select your HP printer driver and click on ‘remove’
- Chose to Apply and click on the printer server properties windows.
- Then close devices and printers.
Thereafter, you can install the printer again in your device. Then, navigate to settings and set the HP printer as the default printing device on your computer. Make sure you check the Ink level icon on the display. If the ink level are at its declining end it is time to change the ink cartridge in order to restore proper functioning.