Canon is one of the largest printer brands in the market. They produce different kinds of printer for your every need. Canon printers are known to be as a most reliable printer brand in the market due to its high speed and quality printing. It makes printing very easy from any device to which it is connected. The dependence on the internet is increasing heavily. All of our day to day activities and work is reliable to internet. Though, with the advancement in every aspect of our working lives, all our data and documents exist in the form of softcopies. The written copies are used and required in all corporate setup and therefore a printer comes through as a necessity. Here we will see, how to connect Canon MG2522 printer to Wi-Fi. In order to print anything from your printer. The printer should be connected to a Wi-Fi connection. The device you are printing through should also be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Let’s have a look at the steps.
If your installing your printer for the first time. Connect the power cord and the plug to the socket. Install the ink cartridges and then switch on the printer. The printer comes with a screen. Now, you can search for connecting the printer through a wireless network. First, we will have a look at the steps for wireless setup wizard method.
Steps to connect Canon printer to Wi-Fi:
- Go to settings and then press, “Network settings”.
- Select ‘Wireless setup Wizard’ after this the printer will start finding networks.
- Chose your Wi-Fi network name and enter your password.
- Your printer is now connected to Wi-Fi.
Another method of connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi is through the WPS method.
Process of connecting Canon printer to Wi-Fi:
- On the modem, press the WPS button for a few seconds.
- Your printer will automatically find the network and get connected to it.
- If the network is password protected. Press the WPS button till the light is stable and enter your password.
Follow the steps mentioned above and your printer will be connected to the Wi-Fi network. Another basic requirement for any printer is the having sufficient ink in the cartridges. Let’s see, how to change ink cartridge Canon Pixma MG2522. If you use a printer on a regular basis, you must know how to replace the ink cartridges. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to change ink cartridges:
- Switch on your printer and lift the top cover.
- The cartridge will automatically move to the centre.
- Gently push the tab on the front cartridge and lift it up to remove the old ink cartridge.
- The cartridge will pop out and you can carefully remove it.
- Take out the new cartridge from its packet. Make sure you do not touch the ink with your bare hands.
- Slide the new cartridge in the empty slot.
- The colors on the marker of the print head should match the ink cartridge.
- You will hear them click when all the ink cartridges would be in place.
- Close the printer lid carefully.
Make a test print after completing the process to check if there is any error.