The printer must be connected to a proper Wi-Fi network for it to work. HP printer have advanced wireless technology which makes printing anything a lot more easier and efficient. You can print anything from anywhere. You do not have to worry about connecting wires everywhere. It not only saves you the hassle of connecting wires but saves a lot of space too. Hence your working space is more organized. You can use any internet devices like computer, laptops and smart phones to print anything directly. There are multiple ways to connect the printer wirelessly.
Here, we will have a look at how to connect your HP printer using the WPS button method and wireless wizard process.
Steps to connect through wireless setup wizard:
- Turn on your printer properly and check there’s no loose wiring.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cable attached to the printer.
- Go to the printer panel and click on the wireless icon.
- Then, go to the network menu.
- Click on wireless settings option.
- Select the wireless setup wizard and click ok.
Another method is through the WPS button. Both the router and the printer should have the WPS button. The steps are simple and requires you to press the WPS button on both the devices. Let’s have a look at the steps.
Steps to connect HP printer through WPS button:
- Press the WPS button on your printer.
- You will see the light on the router blinking.
- Press the WPS button on the router immediately.
- The devices will recognize each other and establish a connection.
Now that the printer is connected to the router. Let’s see, how to check the ink levels on HP printer. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to check ink levels on HP printer:
- Turn on the printer.
- There must be a Windows notification area at the bottom-right corner of your desktop.
- You would see a printer icon. Click on the printer icon.
- You will see a drop down menu. Select the “properties” or “preferences” option.
- The ink levels are displayed in the printer’s setting window for the currently installed ink cartridges.
It is time to change your printers ink cartridge when the quality degrades or you start receiving the low ink alert messages. Here’s how you can replace ink cartridges. After turning on, open the printer’s outer lid and print cartridge access door. Wait until the printer is in idle mode and the press down the old cartridge to get it released. Replace the new one in the slot. Make sure you do not touch the new ink cartridges. Close the lids of the printer and wait for test page to appear.
If you are facing some errors while printing with your printer, you can reset the printer back to factory default settings. Let’s see the steps for how to reset HP Deskjet printer. First, open the printer’s web page and then sign in as the administrator. Then, go to the general tab and select reset factory settings from the menu. From that section, click on reset firmware and select the reset function. Click on reset and the printer will then restart. Thereafter, set the date and time of the printer correctly