Brother printers are one of the economically reasonable printers in the market. They are known for providing good quality prints with high speed. But sometimes while printing you face issues like Brother printer says offline. This issue can be problematic because the printer won’t be able to make further prints when you see this alert text on the display. You do require a good working printer for any setup and these errors can hinder your work. There are many reasons due to which you can face such problem. Let’s have a look at some of thr causes due to which your printer says offline errors.
Causes of Brother printer being offline:
- The assigned port of the printer is not a static one.
- The antivirus software installed in your system might be the cause of offline error.
- The printer driver is not installed properly or not updated.
- You might have selected the use printer offline mode feature.
- There may be some loose wiring or connection issuer.
Now, that we can have discussed some of the causes of the error in your printer. Let’s have a look at some of the fixes for the same. You can ho through some of the common troubleshooting ways to resolve the issue.
Ways to fix Brother printer offline error:
- Check for any new updates on your software.
- You can check if the printer is working on any other device and if it is working there.
- Keep the printer on and cur its power cable.
- If there are any other cables attached to the printer remove them too.
- Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
- Make sure that your printer is directly connected to the main source and not through any other cables or device.
- When you reconnect the printer, it should turn on automatically. If not so, switch it back on manually.
If you still find Brother MFC 5890CN printer offline. You can connect the printer again to your computer. Let’s have a look at the steps.
Steps to connect Brother printer to computer:
- First, turn on your printer.
- Press the windows key and click on the settings button at the same time.
- Now, click on select devices.
- Go to printers and scanners.
- Click on add a printer or scanner.
- You will see a drop down menu with the list of devices.
- Select the printer you want to add.
- Now, click on add device.
The printer should also be connected to the Wi-Fi for proper functioning. Most of the routers have a WPS pushbutton. It is there to sync a wireless printer. To connect the wireless printer using the WPS button, perform the following steps. First, you need to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network and setup. Visit the official website of Brother printer and download the printer driver. Save the file in your computer. Press Windows key and R and run the command. The installation process would now take place. Open the folder with the name, ‘devices and printers’. You will see the option of ‘add printer’ button here. Click ok and follow the on screen instructions. Click on ok when the process is completed. Your brother printer Wi-Fi setup is now complete.